Monday, April 11, 2011

{My Life} Studio Remodel


Hey everybody!  I mentioned a few weeks ago that I wanted to remodel my studio.  I wanted a place that was not only functional but also beautiful.  I got started last week.  So far I have added some doors to my bookcases, put up curtains, and did some organizing/accessorizing.  I still have some things I want to do.  I want to find a cute little table to put in front of the window.  I also just ordered a big linen pin board from Pottery Barn that I'm going to hang it behind my desk instead of the pictures that are there.  I can't wait to assemble my first "mood board" on it.  I really wanted to paint too, but I think I'm going to hold off on that for now.

Here are some of the close up details.  

     
Clockwise: I found thins little vintage looking mini suitcase at Pottery Barn that I'm using to store paper clips, push pins, and my japanese tapes.  I got the apothecary jar at Target that I'm using to store my blue and green ribbon.  The vintage twine holder is from Bachman's.  In the next photo I got jars in the kitchen section at Target to organize my ribbons by color.  Below that I found the vintage camera at Bachman's, which I'm using to decorate the shelf my little notebooks and journals are on.  Below that is a picture of my adorable dog Doggert, which sits on my desk.  To the left of that is a bunch of stuff I put together because I didn't know where else to put it, and it all looked so cute together.  A vintage teacup, a pin holder mannequin, a Blue Kitty Mustachio by Amy Jo's Handmade, and other misc stuff.  Then above that is a chicken wire basket that I found at Nadeau (which I blogged about here) that worked perfect to house some old drafting projects I had done.  

So far I'm really liking all the changes.  I didn't really feel like working in there before, and now I prefer it.  I can't wait to get it all finished up.    

Well that's it for now.  Have a great week everyone!    

2 comments:

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.