Wednesday, April 20, 2011

{My Life} A Little Upside Down At The Moment

Photo Credits: MN Poker Magazine
This last week has been a little chaotic to say the least.   Last Friday the DOJ shut down the 3 major online poker sites, and began arresting some of their executives.  I don't particularly want to get into too many details (details are here if you are interested) because it's seriously pretty much been all we've talked about since it happened.  I'm having a particularly hard time dealing with all the "haters."  Like the people who say "What did you expect, online poker is illegal," and the people who treat poker players like they are all a bunch of dead beats who didn't want to get a "real job."  First of all online poker is NOT illegal.  These sites did get shut down because of illegal activity, but it had nothing to do with the players themselves.  Second, and I believe this to be the case with many professional poker players, my husband is one of the hardest working people I know.  He took the "normal" path in life.  He graduated top of his class in both high school and college.  After college, he became an Electrical Engineer, where he also excelled.  After seeing that he could make substantially more money as a Professional Poker Player, he decided that he would make the switch, but didn't do so until he had saved up 6 months of backup living expenses.  Now, he works harder than he ever did at his "real job."  We don't know exactly what's going to happen next, but my husband still plans to play poker for a living. 

Onto a happier subject, also regarding my wonderful husband, on Sunday he took 2nd place at the Minnesota State Poker Championship.  As usual, I am so proud of him.    

This weekend we are going to have Jason's and my family in town for Easter.  This our first Easter in the new house, and I'm very excited to use my dining room for the first time.  I'm also a little excited because I'm going to try to make those adorable Pies in a Jar that I keep seeing everywhere.  They are so cute!  

Well that's it for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!    
          

6 comments:

  1. Have a fun Easter. Blog about your pies! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as heard about what happened Fri I thought of you guys right away. I hope that they get things straightened out for you. I know your husband works hard. He puts in crazy hours. Congrats to him on Sunday and yes blog the pies for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen him hard at work! Barely time to go to the potty :) I totally support him and what he does. He's talented for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, there is no need to defend what Jason does for a living. Haters are usually just jealous and have no skills to excel and therefore they hate on successful people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy & Amber: Thank you ladies!

    Kenric: I agree. It still upsets me though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An article was very useful for poker players, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.