Tuesday, April 26, 2011

{My Life} Easter Recap and Things to Come



Hey everybody!  Can you guys believe April is almost over?  I know I can’t.  
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend.  I know we did.  My family showed up on Thursday night.  Then Jason’s family came on Friday evening, and we had a bbq that night.  Saturday, we got to see the Twins beat the Indians at Target Field, and then Sunday we, of course, celebrated Easter.  In addition to our family, we also had some friends over on Sunday.  It was a weekend filled with games, as we spent most of it in the basement playing pool, shuffleboard and Big Buck Hunter.  It was a very successful first holiday in our new house.  It was also the first time we brought both sides (Jason’s and mine) together, and that part went great too!  All and all, I couldn’t have asked for a better weekend.  
Now that Easter’s over it’s time to focus on getting our townhouse cleaned out.  We have a contractor in there, and we need to get all the stuff left in there out of his way.  I’m very excited to see some progress in there.  I think it’s going to look amazing.  For those of you who don’t know the situation, we held on to our townhouse after we bought our new house.  We had been planning to rent it out at the beginning of March until a pipe leak destroyed our kitchen and bathroom.  Thankfully we have good insurance, and they covered it all.  In addition to having the kitchen and bathroom redone we are also updating carpet, light fixtures, and other misc stuff, so when we rent it out it’s going to look like a whole new townhouse.  It’s been really fun to pick everything out and work with a blank pallet.  I will definitely post pictures as things progress.  
Well that’s it for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.