Thursday, March 31, 2011

{Random Things}Decorate


Hey everybody!  I started taking a blogging class about a month ago called Blogging Your Way after seeing that two of my favorite bloggers, Leslie from A Creative Mint and Holly from Decor8, were the teachers.  I absolutely loved it, and the knowledge I gained was priceless.  If you're wanting to become a better blogger I would strongly recommend taking it.  

That leads me to my topic of the day, a review of the book Decorate.  It was written Holly Becker, of Decor8, and Joanna Copestick.  I bought it a few days ago, and I've already looked through it over a dozen times.  Flipping through the pages just makes me happy. 

The book is great because it take you through the design process from start to finish beginning with space planning (SO important).  Next it helps guide you in finding your own personal style, and gives you invaluable tips on how to do so.  Then it walks you through some examples room by room.  Last, but certainly not least, it talks about all those little finishing details, from lighting to floral design.  This is often the part I have a hard time with, and it's such a big part of the finished result. 

Well there you have it.  I definitely recommend you pick this book up!  You can pre-order it on Amazon or you can buy it right now in-store or online at Anthropologie.

I hope you're all having a great Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. HI Jessica! Love your blog and the look! And wow, I would love to check out this Blogging Class. I've been looking for one and thanks for the heads up..

    I blog via Catwifeinbkk.blogspot and Justaddinspiration.blogspot and I am part of the Link Party. Would love to follow you but i cant see a follow button? Hope you van visit and follow me too:-) Love to link up with your side of the world... its such a challenge blogging from where i am.

    Best
    CATwife (aka Mia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mia!

    Thank you so much for the kind words. :) The blogging class was well worth it!

    I just added follow me buttons, and I will be sure to check out your blogs.

    Thanks for checking out mine!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessy, great post! I, too, feel that our blogging class was priceless. I am so much more confident and motivated now. :) I pre-ordered Decorate on Amazon because my Anthropologie stores don't carry it. So jealous you already have yours. Have a wonderful weekend! Love, Courtney

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.