Monday, March 28, 2011

{My Life} My 28th Year

Photo Credits: John Stennes via GF Herald

Happy Monday everyone!  This weekend was an exciting one for sure.  Our good friends Shawn and Michelle had a baby boy (Ethan Michael) on Saturday.  He is absolutely perfect.  Congratulations to you two!  

On Saturday and Sunday we had people over  to watch the Fighting Sioux claim their spot in the 2011 Frozen Four, which just happens to be right here in St. Paul.  It also happens to be the weekend of the Twins home opener, so it's sure to be an awesome weekend!  

This Friday I turn 28.  My 27th year was an awesome one.  I got to watch my husband tackle what is sure to be one of the most exciting moments of his life.  We bought our dream house, and I got to decorate it.  I went to London for the first time, and I lost 25+ pounds, just to name a few things.  I'm not sure my 28th year can top this last year, but I do want to at least tackle some goals I have.  What better way to hold myself accountable then to put them in writing, so here it is.  

Goals for my 28th year (in no particular order):

1) Keep my house beautiful.  We've spent a lot of time and energy making our house beautiful, and I want to keep it that way.  I need to keep myself organized, and not let clutter get out of hand.  

2) Become a better photographer.  This has been a goal of mine for the last few years, but I haven't made much progress.  Having this new blog has made it more important to me then ever.  

3) Start my own business.

4) Finish or be close to finishing school.  It's time to move on, and take that next step, whatever it is.  

5) Blog, Blog, Blog.  I've heard that so many people give up on their blogs within the first year.  I don't want to be one of those people.  I love the way it challenges me.  I also want to make it a priority to network with other bloggers.

6) Become a better gardener.  I have a lot more space now, and I want to use it.  

7) Be more frugal.....enough said.

8) Make lots of lists.  I used to make lists all the time.  It kept me organized.  Lately I haven't and I feel like I forget things all the time.  

9) Dabble in web design.  I really want to understand web design a little better, especially code writing.  

10) Become an expert at using my sewing machine.  

11) Finish my studio/office/craft room.  I have a pretty good start, but it's not really organized at all.  I want it to be as functional as possible, while still being pretty.  

12) Volunteer.  

Well that's it for now.  I wouldn't be surprised if I add to this list as the year goes on.  

Have a wonderful week everybody!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jessy! LOVELY BLOG! Found you thru BYW.. I esp love the soiree section. :) Let's keep in touch! Oh, and happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lady! That is a serious list. I should make one too. You have accomplished so much this year, you should be proud. 25 lbs. is amazing! Good for you. :) Happy early Birthday! Love, Courtney

    p.s. working on my button and header this week... Let me know if you succeed in the button dept.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 28th~ you have great list! I just turned 30 last week and didn't even make a list....more like just figuring out how to not get ANY older :) Visiting from spring fling and I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early birthday! Thank you for linking up to the spring fling link party!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Madison's Mommy: Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and for being a new follower! I just checked out your blog and you just got a new follower too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly: Thank YOU for having a blog party! :) Your blog was one of the first ones I ever started following regularly! I love it! Thank you also for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.