Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{Random Things} Wednesday Afternoon Project


Today I spent the afternoon testing out my new sewing machine by making this, a tag blanket for my dog to nibble on.  Ever since Doggert was a baby he has liked to nibble on sheets, blankets, clothing, and especially tags.  We looked it up once and found out that it is somewhat common, and can be compared to people chewing their nails.  He has actually nibbled tiny holes and ripped stitching out of blankets before, so when I saw him nibbling on our new comforter cover I got nervous.  My solution?  I made him this little tag blanket with hopes that he'll nibble on that instead.  I took a pillow case, and trimmed it down to the size I wanted, and then I went to work cutting tags off of clothing and blankets.  Then I simply pinned the tags around the edges and sewed the two pieces of pillow case together making a tag fringe around the outside.  So far he not only likes to nibble on it, but likes to nap with it as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.