Monday, March 7, 2011

{My Life} Things On My Mind Today

Hello everybody!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I certainly did.  Saturday afternoon, I went to my friend Michelle's first baby shower, and then Saturday night Jason and I went to our friend Chris's house for drinks.  On Sunday I had a couple of my lady friends over to strategize for another baby shower for Michelle that we are throwing.  It's going to be super cute!  I can't wait!

I've been very strongly considering lately starting my own event planning business.  It's basically all I think about.  It would be relatively risk free to give it a go because I wouldn't need to rent a space for an office, or invest a ton on start up costs.  I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start though.  It's all pretty overwhelming at this point.  I've figured out the easy stuff for the most part (name/brand, pricing info, target market, etc), but it's all the big stuff that has me stressed out.  If any of you have any advice please send it this way.

I have my last mid-term this Thursday, and then spring break starts.  I'm very excited.  All this studying has been exhausting.   We have friends coming to stay with us at the end of next week, so we are going to make a big push to get more house stuff done before they come.  The major project I want to accomplish is our master bedroom and bath.  It's the only room(s) that hasn't been touched.  We still have tons of boxes in there and nothing on the walls.  I want to start completely over, and make it a very luxurious.  Next, I want to get Jason's office done.  It was kind of a dumping ground when we moved, so there are many boxes in there that don't belong there.  We also need to find a chair or two to put in there to complete the room.  Lastly, I want to finish up the basement.  The walls have nothing on them, and it looks a little depressing.  We also have to find a pub table and chairs so people have a place for people to put their drink while playing one of the various games down there.  It's a pretty lofty list but hopefully we'll be able to make a big dent in it.  

Well I need to go make dinner, and get some studying done.  I hope you all have a fabulous week!    

1 comment:

  1. You would be a fabulous event planner! You should really go for it!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.