Monday, February 14, 2011

{My Life} Valentine's Day

Photo Credits: Doyea Photography

Today is Valentine's Day, and while I'm not necessarily a hopeless romantic, I'm very thankful today that I have someone so wonderful to share it with.  My husband and I have been together for eight and a half glorious years, two and a half of which we've been married, and I love him more now than I ever thought possible (cheesy I know).  This last year has been both challenging and amazing at the same time.  We've spent more time apart then ever before, and it's only made us stronger.  I was at a good friends bridal shower recently when we were asked to give marriage advice to the new couple, and I was slightly embarrassed because I couldn't think of any to give.  I kept thinking to myself that this should be easy, but it wasn't.  We have always gotten along great, but I couldn't think of one grand reason to point to as of why.  We just did.  Well I had some time to think about it, and here is what I came up with.  The reason we work so well together is because we are good to each other, each and every day.  We make each other our top priority, and we do it because we want to not because we are suppose to.  When it comes to each other we are selfless.  So there you have it.  I'm sure that throughout the years we're going to have our ups and downs, but I hope that in 50 years I can still say that we are as good to each other as we were during these first few years of marriage.  I count my blessings everyday to have the relationship we have.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.