Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{Scrumptious} Semi-Homemade Chicken Tikka Masala


I am fairly new to the indian food scene, but I've loved everything I've had so far.  A good friend of mine (you know who you are) loves trying new indian recipes.  For some reason I've been a little weary thus far to try to make it on my own.  On Sunday, I was at Williams Sonoma and they were sampling a Tikka Masala Simmering Sauce.  It was delicious, and since chicken tikka masala is one of Jason's favorites I bought some for dinner.  I was both happy and sad to hear that it was one of the best meals I've ever made (sad of course because it wasn't made from scratch).  I paired it with some cilantro basmati rice and garlic naan with coriander chutney dipping sauce.  The label on the simmering sauce said to saute 2 pounds of chicken, but I broiled it instead.  I followed the rest of the instructions exactly.  For the rice I just followed the cooking instructions on the package.  I bought a box of rice which had 6 servings in it.  I then added about 5 heaping tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro, the juice from one lime, and 1 finely chopped serrano peppers.  I just got store bought garlic naan, and the coriander chutney can be found in the ethnic food isle.  The chutney I bought actually tasted identical to the stuff our favorite indian restaurant has.  All in all, I'm sure that made from scratch tikka masala would probably be better, but if you want a quick easy meal I would give it a try.  It was very good.

I hope you're all enjoying your Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I am gonna have to try this! I am the only one in our family of 6 that likes Indian food.... Guess the whole jar will be for me!

    Cheers~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivy!

    I've tried every kind so far, and they are all delicious. It's kind of become a weekly tradition. I want to try making it from scratch sometime soon, and if it turns out I will definitely post the recipe. :)

    I hope you enjoy it too!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.