Saturday, June 18, 2011

{My Life} New York City: Part 2


Hey everybody!  We had a very successful day of sightseeing in the Big Apple today.  We started out the day by stopping by a few stores that I really wanted to check out.  The first was M&J Trimming.  I found a bunch of really amazing buttons for my jewelry.  Then we headed over to this other store called Tinsel Trading Co.  It was amazing.  I wish we had one.  They had an amazing mix of new and vintage items.  After we were done with all that, we headed to Grand Central Station to grab lunch and catch the subway to the Brooklyn Bridge.  I have been to NYC more times than I can count at this point, but I had never actually walked on the Brooklyn Bridge.  It's ironic because being an architecture buff, it's one of my favorite New York iconic things.  Next, we headed down to Battery Park, so that Katie could see the Statue of Liberty.  They happen to be filming Men In Black 3, so we got to see Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.  It was pretty fun to see them up close.  When we were done there, we headed to Wall Street and Ground Zero.  After all that, we came back to the hotel for a much needed break before heading to Serendipity for dinner.  It was delicious, as usual.  The Forbidden Broadway Sunday is one of the greatest things on earth.

We have another busy day planned tomorrow, before we go home on Monday morning, so it's time to get some sleep.  I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, and Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.