Monday, June 6, 2011

{My Life} Inspiration

Inspiration Board Photo Credits:  The Best is yet to Come via Sarah Hwang's Pinterest, June Calendar from Paper Source, Green Weekend Outfit via Mamafolie's Polyvore, Keri Russell's Gorgeous Closet via June 2011 Elle Decor, Colorful Ranunculus via Fabulous K's Blog via Jessica Nichols Flickr, Organized Entry via BHG Storage Magazine.

Happy Monday everybody!  I'm starting a new project this week, a weekly inspiration journal filled with....can you guess.....weekly inspiration boards.  I made my first "inspiration board" during a blogging class that I took this spring, and I had so much fun doing it.  Here is the one I did for my class.


Since making that first one, I make them all the time to start new projects, particularly when making a new piece of jewelry for The Copper Owl.  

I love how each inspiration board actually ends looking like a piece of art, which is why I recently purchased a large pinboard for my studio, so that I can change out my "art" as often as I feel like creating a new board.  Here are a couple shots of it in my studio.  


That leads me back to my weekly inspiration journal.  Between my blog, magazine, and Pinterest addictions, I'm constantly finding things that inspire me and things I don't want to forget.  I thought that maybe if I started putting them in a place where I can flip through them, it might just be a great place to go to time and time again when I'm in a creative slump.  I also thought it might be fun to see what I do with them when I'm traveling.  I think finding pieces for my travel inspiration boards could get pretty fun.  I haven't decided yet if I should share them on here weekly or not, so I guess we'll just see what happens.  

Have a great week everybody!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.