Monday, May 9, 2011

{My Life} Busy, Busy

Hey everybody!  I hope you all are having a great Monday so far!  There is a lot going on in the Senti household right now, so I have a lot to cover.

Last week I booked a trip for my little sis and I (Katie, from Sapphire Chic) to New York City in June.  It's our gift to her for her 18th birthday and for her high school graduation.  I can't wait.  I absolutely love NYC, and I didn't get to take my yearly trip there last year so I have the itch.  It'll be Katie's first trip there, so it should be pretty exciting for her too.  I also found out last week that after only being home for a day we will be leaving for Washington DC right after because Katie won the US Congressional Art Competition in her district.  They are flying her down there to be honored, and her piece will be hung in the US Capitol building for the next year.  I am a very proud big sister.    


Every year Jene, from Jene's Gems, has a peep contest for Easter.  I had been wanting to try making a peep wreath for a while, so I thought what better excuse than for this lovely contest.  I was very excited to find out that I had won, and last week I received a $25 gift card to Starbucks and a pretty little note from Jene.  Thank you so much!  My first beverage, a Coconut Mocha Skinny Frappicino, was delicious!     


Last night we went out for our friend Derek's birthday to Oceanaire.  It was absolutely delicious.  Good drinks, good food, good times.  


We woke up at 6am this morning to a thunderstorm.  Jason had been tossing and turning all night, and I instantly woke up because I thought Doggert would be scared.  About a year and a half ago he started getting really scared during thunderstorms to the point he could barely breath because he would shake so hard.   It was weird because they had never really scared him that bad before.   We started giving him Melatonin, a natural sleep aid for humans, because we read that in dogs it actually calms them down without drugging them or making them sleepy.  We also read many things that said unlike anxiety meds it actually helps them work through their fear.  After giving it to him off and on over the last year, sure enough this morning we didn't need to.  He was awake and alert, but didn't shake once or appear to be scared at all.  He has spent the rest of the day making up for lost sleep though.  I definitely recommend looking into this if any of you have a scared pooch out there.  It apparently works for all kinds of fears.  

Moving on...we have a busy rest of the month coming up.  Jason is leaving for Vegas on Wednesday for  a week or so, and I will be busy prepping for the postponed baby shower that is coming up this Sunday. I will also be finishing up with school this week for the semester.  Then all my focus will be turned to my sister's graduation party.  We have lots of good ideas, and I can't wait to see how it all comes together.  I'm also really excited to see family I don't get to see very often.  

Well that's it for now.  I hope you all have a fabulous week!  

1 comment:

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.