Tuesday, October 8, 2013

{My Life} Feeling Ready...

Photo Credits (clockwise from top left): 1, 2, 3, 4

It's funny how life sneaks up on you, and suddenly, something that seemed so far down the road is right around the corner.  My husband Jason and I have been together for 11 years now and it seems like for as long as I could remember we said we would start trying for kids when I turned 30.
Along the way we've been on different pages at different times, even once wondering if having kids was for us (that lasted for like 2 seconds before we decided that it was really important to both of us).  I think I was 27 when all the sudden I got this strong urge to have kids sooner, but Jason wasn't quite on board yet.  Then just a little over a year ago Jason was ready, but I all the sudden was freaked out, thinking "oh my gosh, am I ready...have I accomplished everything I want to before I have kids?"  Now the planets are aligning and I can say we are both actually ready at the same time!  Of course with time comes wisdom.  I don't know about you guys, but up until the last few years, I kinda always thought that once we were ready, we would just try and it would happen.  Unfortunately, after watching friends and family struggle with their pregnancies or just getting pregnant in the first place, I now know it's not that easy.  For now though, I'm staying positive and I'm excited to see where this next year takes us.  Hopefully by this time next we'll have a little addition to our family (or one on the way), but either way I feel so lucky (knock on wood...I'm extremely superstitious) to be where we are in life.  It's not stress free and perfect all the time, but I have an amazing husband (and pup...can't forget him), a great family, and wonderful friends.  To quote Charlotte York, I'm not happy all day every day, but I'm happy every day!

Well that's it for me today.  I hope you all are having a splendid week so far!   

3 comments:

  1. Well said Jessy! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets slightly freaked out at the thought of having kids. I just figure you're never going to feel 100% ready and you just have to enjoy the moments that life brings you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita! Well said yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting! the first few years can be a challenge, but mine are 4+6 now and we play board games almost every night with them. it is quite fun!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.