Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{Lovely Pins} Japanese Washi Tape

Image Sources (clockwise from top left): 1, 2, 3
Happy Wednesday everybody, and Happy 31st Birthday to my amazing husband Jason!  I hope you all are having a wonderful week!  

I'm guessing most of you are familiar with Japanese Washi Tape at this point.  If you're not, do yourself a favor, and order/buy some pronto.  Then hop on Pinterest to find lots of lovely projects to use your washi on.  

I had seen washi around, but really didn't get too excited about it until I took a few classes from Leslie Shewring at The Creative Connection last fall.  After that I was pretty much hooked.  Now I have more rolls than I can count, and probably use it everyday (seriously).  

Here are some more lovely washi pins.

Image Sources (clockwise from top left): 1, 2, 3, 4
 Washi is the best thing ever, if you're trying to spruce up a package.  I actually throw a little on every card that I send out.  Something Leslie had brought up was the idea that by making something pretty, you may actually end up brightening someone's day (think mail carrier).  I love this idea, and actually relate to it a lot.  Pretty things definitely make me happy.  

Image Sources (clockwise from top): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Party decorations are another fabulous way to use washi.  I've made lots of cake decorations already, and I love the use of it in this guest book.  

Image Sources (clockwise from top left): 1, 2, 3
It works great if you're trying to add a little fun to everyday objects.  A boring to-do list or calendar doesn't seem so mundane, when you add a little pop of color or a fun pattern.  

Image Sources (from left): 1, 2, 3
Here are a few more fun uses around the house.  Create a window in a windowless room, the illusion of a headboard, or the look wallpaper for next to nothing.   

Image Sources (from left): 1, 2
Lastly, think of all the fun things your kiddos could do with it.  I love this wall collage, and what a fun idea to make a racetrack for toy cars out of it!

So there you have it, lots of washi inspiration.  You can find it in many paper and craft stores now, but if you're having a problem getting some, you can always look online.  I've ordered a lot of mine from  Etsy.  

Well that's it for me today.  I hope you all enjoyed today's Lovely Pins and have a great rest of the week!  

4 comments:

  1. Ah washi tape! I just can't get enough of it either! I love it for the little cocktail sticks and especially for to do lists and calendars!

    :) Jacque
    (from BYW Bootcamp)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacque!

      I love the use of it on calendars too! So much more interesting! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessy, also saying hi from BYW Bootcamp - love the washi tape pics! x Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaclyn! Thanks so much! :) I'm sure I'll see you around in the forums!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.