Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{Random Things} New Vacuum



Happy Wednesday everybody!  It has been an exciting day.....I bought a new vacuum!  My old Kenmore canister kicked the bucket last week, and it was going to cost too much to fix.  I decided that instead of spending a bunch of money to fix it, I may as well invest that money into a new one, so I went out and bought the Kenmore Progressive 2171 (new version of my old one).  I'm not brand loyal with too many things, but one of them is Kenmore vacuums.  The biggest con so far in my book with the new one is that the carpet attachment isn't self propelled (my old one was), but it's not a deal breaker.  I'm loving everything else about it so far, especially the swivel head.  

We had lots of people urging us to get a Dyson instead, but I'm just not sold on them.  First of all, I think the commercials get everybody hyped up, and maybe they just haven't ever had a good vacuum.  Second, I absolutely hate bag less vacuums, and that's all they have.  Sure you save some money by not having to buy bags, but you also have to spend more money on filters then on a bagged model.  When I had a bag less, I found the emptying process messy and annoying.  Lastly, I think they are a bit overpriced.  I have no problem spending money on a vacuum (I spent a fair amount on the one I bought today), but for the price, the Kenmore I bought had all the same features and then some and cost less.

On a funny note, I think as a female you know you're officially a "grown up" when you get excited about a vacuum.  I hope you all have a fabulous evening!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.