Thursday, March 21, 2013

{Fashion Obsessed} Watch out J Crew, Old Navy's stepping it up!

I wouldn't consider myself a brand snob at all, but I have to admit that most of my wardrobe consists of J Crew and Anthropologie clothing.  It's entirely based on the fact that they seem to fit my "style" to a T, and I just can't get enough.  

Last week I received an email from Old Navy, and while I usually just click the delete button whenever I get them (I haven't shopped there hardly at all the last, I don't know, 7 years?) this one was hard to delete...All Dresses On Sale.  My biggest shopping weakness...dresses!  I figured I better go check it out.    

Photo Credits: Old Navy

I was blown away at how much cute stuff they had.  I felt more like I was in J Crew, not Old Navy.  They had an adorable floral button ups that were incredibly similar to the Liberty button ups I've been eyeing at J Crew only they were $15 compared to $150.   I felt like a kid in a candy store, I bought 3, and they fit like a dream!  They had tons of other stuff that was just as adorable (much of which also came home with me).  

 If it weren't for the same old boring industrial somewhat cheap looking store, I really would have felt like I was at a much more expensive/trendy store.  They seriously need to think about updating the "look" of their stores and also about how they style their photos for the website.  Look at the difference between theses photos.  

Photo Credits: J Crew and Old Navy


If I were just looking online I would assume the Old Navy one (on the right) was no where near as cute as the J Crew one (on the left) in person, but in reality it is.  It's obviously not as high quality (not that it necessarily looks cheaper by any means), but for the price you can't beat it.  

Moral of the story?  If you were like me and wrote off Old Navy forever ago, go check them out again. I doubt that they're going to replace my two favorite stores any time soon, but they might save me a little money here and there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Serendipitous Things Design Co.